Personal Information Protection Policy of the Company
Each company of the AGC Group (AGC Inc. and its subsidiaries, collectively, "AGC") recognizes the essential importance of the proper and adequate protection of the information of individuals, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers etc., which may be available to distinguish the identities of our customers, business partners, employees and all other parties concerned with our business operations (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Personal Information”).
Recognizing its responsibility to society, AGC hereby establishes the following basic policies (hereinafter “Policy”) to protect privacy of individuals and comply with laws and regulations enacted to protect Personal Information while conducting its business activities:
Handling of Personal Information
1. AGC will collect, use, and provide Personal Information through the fair and legal means.
(1) Use within the Scope of Utilization Purpose
At the time of collecting any Personal Information, AGC will specify the purpose and scope of its use. AGC will use such collected Personal Information strictly within its originally intended scope of use and limited usage as necessary for business operations.
(2) Authorization from the Individual
In case of necessity in which said Personal Information must be used beyond the above-mentioned scope, AGC will obtain an authorization from the individual to whom such Personal Information relates (hereinafter “Individual”) with regard to the planned use, except as allowed by relevant laws and regulations.
(3) Security Measures to Protect Personal Information
When handling such Personal Information, AGC will strive to develop an organizational structure that has policies and procedures in place to strictly manage the Personal Information to prevent its illegal access, loss, falsification or leakage. To ensure the appropriate handling of personal information, AGC will continue to strengthen and improve internal systems, implement the necessary secure management measures in accordance with technological standards, and perform appropriate internal audits, etc.
(4) Third Party Provision
Unless authorized by the Individual or allowed by relevant laws and regulations, AGC
will not provide Personal Information to any third party. In addition, when providing such Personal Information to any third party as authorized or allowed above, AGC will conclude a contract with the third party or take any other measures that obligates the third party to be responsible for the management of the Personal Information to be provided, thereby preventing its leakage to any other party or other misuse.
Request for Disclosure etc. of Personal Information
2. AGC will promptly respond to requests from the Individual to disclose, correct, add and/or delete his or her Personal Information, to the extent required by relevant laws and regulations.
Compliance with Laws on the Protection of Personal Information
3. AGC will comply with relevant laws and regulations with regard to the protection of Personal Information, and also constantly review its implementation of the Policy, and strive to make further improvements.
4. AGC will completely inform of this Policy to all of its directors, offices and employees (including commissioned and dispatched personnel) as well as other concerned parties, to ensure that each of them understands the importance of the Policy and conduct him or herself in an appropriate manner to follow the Policy.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
AGC generally uses Personal Information for the purposes described below. (If a specific purpose of using Personal Information is clearly indicated, AGC will use the Personal Information for that specific purpose.) If AGC uses Personal Information for any other purposes, AGC will clearly indicate it before collecting it.
(1) Responding to and dealing with general inquiries and requests and requests for materials;
(2) Providing AGC's products and services and related information;
(3) Conducting surveys to find out about the use of and need for AGC's products and services and improving AGC’s products and services;
(4) Marketing, selling, and providing services for AGC's products; and
(5) Communicating for business purposes in the course of AGC's business activities
Sharing of Personal Information
AGC jointly uses Personal Information with its group companies as shown in the table below.
|With whom Personal Information is jointly used||Each company of AGC Group
Please see https://www.agc.com/en/company/group/index.html for more information.
|What Personal Information is jointly used||Name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, place of work (department, job title, inquiry and transaction details etc.)|
|Purpose of jointly using Personal Information||The purposes described in the “Purpose of Collecting Personal Information” section above|
|Person responsible for managing Personal Information||AGC Flat Glass (Thailand) PLC.
for AGC's address and representative.